Efficient Management of your Software Licenses
Software costs now account for 20% of an enterprise's computer budget on average and the percentage is increasing. With the development of new functionality, web services, new virtualization capabilities along with the need to maintain a license revenue stream, your software vendors continue to evolve their software licensing rules. In this context, it is important for each enterprise to implement its own efficient software management policy.
PS'Soft provides the information to assist in managing an enterprise's installed software, implementation and license compliancy program. It addresses the following issues: software identification, license compliance and software request management. PS'Soft delivers all of this in one of the easiest to configure License Compliance Management applications on the market.
In addition, you can enable a complete end-to-end Software lifecycle process with the optional PS'Soft Software Request Management module. This module enables users to request software titles from a controlled software catalog and, if you use Microsoft SMS/SCCM, to enable the electronic distribution of the requested software package. These solutions may be used independently or alongside Microsoft SMS or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) to support accurate license compliance within an organization. With the implementation of PS'Soft solutions, companies can control costs and protect themselves against risks and financial consequences of legal proceedings.
License Compliance Dashboard
The License Management Dashboard highlights all licensing data "at a glance". This console is the primary interface to all of your license data, and enables you to quickly understand the state of your compliancy and to drill down to those areas/products where you need more detail to bring a product into compliance. Together with a rich set of out-of-box reports, you have all of the tools necessary to understand your current licensing status and the problem areas which require attention. With each new discovery scan, this data is updated in the License Management Dashboard.
The PS'Soft Software Library provides a library of thousands of pre-defined software references. It automates the reconciliation of the discovered data collected by inventory source, to create a comprehensive list of software titles or licenses installed on workstations and servers, including software suites. PS'Soft IT Business Intelligence enables the creation and management of more powerful queries and reports to deliver the custom data that you need to effectively run your organization.
- Out-of-box reports - for Software License Usage, License Compliancy, Candidates for "True Up", Top 5 Five software Vendors, plus more.
- Quick Start Wizard - reduces time to setup the solution.
- Holistic view of software licensing information - by consolidating Purchasing and Contract data with software usage information.
- Discovery integration - to Microsoft SMS and System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) for asset discovery and software distribution, and any other inventory source
- Comprehensive Rules Engine - that enables you to select or ignore certain irrelevant files and titles and focus on just the software that is relevant. Correlates software titles to vendor-specific licenses that are created and managed within the repository.
- Convert State - change "current state" data to a "managed state" so that items don't get lost or discarded if they are off-line during the most recent inventory.
- Cost Center Tracking - Associates the workstation, software and "last user log on" to a user (employee) within the repository thereby enabling comprehensive cost center or site management.
- Reduce your risk of a vendor audit - by proactively managing your software licenses.
- Leverage your existing inventory scan data - by mining the usable software licensing information to support your purchasing and vendor management process.
- Reduce overspending - on software licenses through the creation of an accurate license usage reports.
- Improve your confidence at the negotiating table - by understanding your actual software usage.
- Track all of your license purchases - Supports single or "multiple purchase" license buys from different suppliers made at different times.
- Manage multiple versions of software - Maps multiple versions, releases and vendor titles into a single software instance to simplify license management.
An Integrated Solution
The PS'Soft License Compliance Management solution works with PS'Soft Service Management solution (ITSMNG)
to enhance your Service Management processes with relevant license data. The PS'Soft License Compliance Management solution works with PS'Soft Asset Management solution (ITAMNG)
to provide a complete IT asset lifecycle solution.